Local & Interstate Moving
Local & Interstate Moving
The Other Moving Company, TOMCO, is pleased to have the opportunity to assist you with your upcoming move. Below are some tips to help ensure a pleasant moving experience. Remember an “estimate” is just an estimate of your moving costs. There are a number of unknown variables during a move that can take additional time, such as:
- Long carry
- Disassembling & reassembling of beds, desks, entertainment centers and other furniture
- Tight corners or doorways
- Unexpected packing that needs to be done
- Customers preparedness for the move; ie. everything boxed up and ready to be placed on the truck
TOMCO offers a variety of boxes at reasonable retail prices. There is no charge for box deliveries to local customers. Please call the office for more information. Utilize Small boxes for: glassware, china, knick knacks, small fragile items and canned goods. Use Medium boxes for pots & pans, electronics and lampshades. Large boxes for linens and toys.
- Pack boxes to the top and seal the lids so they form a flat surface. This is necessary for stacking the boxes on the truck.
- Label the box on the side as well as the top so when the boxes are stacked they can still be identified.
- All loose items should be packed.
- Remove and box bed linens from mattress and box springs.
TOMCO will be happy to assist you with any packing needs. Please call us before your move to let us know, so we can bring the appropriate packing materials and adjust your estimate accordingly.
The customer needs to be present at the unload to show the movers where things go. The more available the customer is to direct the movers to the right locations quickly makes the job run more efficiently.
Payment is expected at the time the services are rendered, unless prior arrangements have been made. The movers work very hard to ensure your valuables arrive safely. If you feel they have provided the excellent service we are known for, gratuity is appreciated.
Step 1 – plan your move
- First things first, you will need to set up an appointment for a free estimate to determine your specific full-service moving needs. This assures that you will receive an accurate estimate in writing. You can request an appointment with our long distance movers by filling out a free moving quote on our website or calling us toll-free at -1-866-4U2-MOVE
- During your in-home estimate, your sales representative will provide you with a booklet called “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move.” It provides important information customers must have prior to the move and will help with your planning process.
Step 2 – pack and load
- If packing yourself, pack as much or as little as you prefer. TOMCO’s staff is trained to pack everything from your fine china and crystal to everyday books and linens. Whatever you decide, we strive to make your part of the move process to go as smoothly as possible.
- Your TOMCO packing team will arrive one to two days prior to the actual move day and will use the industry’s best packing materials to protect your belongings.
- On moving day, the driver will inventory all items to be included in your move and provide you an inventory form for your signature. Carefully review this document, along with your other paperwork.
- After loading, your TOMCO move coordinator will inform you when to expect delivery of your shipment based on your pre-planned window of delivery. You will also receive a phone call within 24-hours of your delivery as a final confirmation. Be sure to provide the best contact information during travel to your new residence.
Step 3 – full-service delivery and payments
- Customers need to be at the new residence to meet the mover. Should you fail to meet the driver, additional waiting time charges will occur for the driver to remain at residence until you arrive or he/she may deliver and store your belongings in a local warehouse if necessary.
- The driver will require payment at your new residence before unloading. Acceptable forms of payments are: cash, certified check, or traveler’s check. A credit card may be used when arranged in advance.
Step 4 – full-service unloading and unpacking
Once unloaded, your signature will be required on all delivery documents. In the event of any loss or damage, please note the items involved on the inventory form prior to signing.